yba integrated

Why do yba integrateds sound so damn good?
g11657
tmhaudio, Can a US owner of a Audio Refinement product get service from YBA if required? 
Mesch,
Generally speaking, yes - servicing on AR products can be serviced by our US-based Technician with any required assistance from YBA/Yves-Bernard. Of course there are some limitations of these older designs.

Just contact me directly with an email describing your model, serial number and specific problem.

I should also mention, the two entry level YBA "Design & Heritage" series could be considered the replacement of the "Audio Refinement" series.

Hope that helps....
Jim Ricketts/tmhaudio.com

@ MCONDO,

We recently had the YBA "Passion" Pre/DAC 550 reviewed by SoundstageUltra. Lots of comments on Sound Quality & Construction Quality.

btw, Yves-Bernard Andre retained partial ownership in the new company and continues as Chief Designer as well as Manager/Director of YBA manufacturing done in an ISO9001 facility.

LINK: http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/644-yba-passion-pre550a-dac-preamplifier

Thanks Jim. The reason I asked is that I have a friend that owns the AR integrated. He is looking to sell it and I was wondering about getting service should I or someone I now be interested. I will check out your website.
My girlfriend and I both have had AudioRefinement integrated amps (as well as CDPs and tuners) for many years and have had no issues. (Caveat: when she got her tuner, it had some problems, but DeJa Vu audio - in the DC suburbs - was able to fix it easily. Since then, it has worked perfectly.) IMHO, AR equipment was a steal at the price and sounded great.

Mesch, for what your friend will probably ask, I would buy his integrated without thinking twice. 

Jim, thanks for the information - both about repairs and about "replacements" for the AR series.