Looking to buy floor standing speakers in $1000 per speaker range.

Looking at Goldenears 700s. Intrigued by Ohm 1000's. Probably running older NAD 7225 PE. I would love to hear suggestions.
jlm51
jlm51
Interesting, rlawry. Why not just but a couple f guitar amps and hook 'em directly to a preamp? I'm not being sarcastic.
MMGs ( I own) or Super MMG system. But I also have Vandersteen 2CE’s and they are very good.
I have had a pair of Mag 1.7s for three years and enjoy them at least as much as when I got'em. A pair of Mag .7s plus a DWM bass panel would come in at $2200, not too far off the OP’s budget. I just love how my Maggies deliver the musical essence with a minimum of artifacts (and no boxy resonances--amazing how that keeps me engaged with the music without distraction) regardless of music types I throw at them--rock, combo jazz, choral, big band, chamber music, solo instruments or voices, large-scale orchestra, opera, cantata, legendary vocalists (Sinatra, Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald, Johnny Hartman, etc.), Beatles, Beach Boys, Steely Dan The Cars, Police, Rod Stewart, Los Lobos, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, etc. All good.

Try the Infinity Primus P363 for around $400 on Amazon.

The Absolute Sound gave them a great review.
See the review in the link below:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/infinity-primus-p363-loudspeaker/
Silverline Preludes…D'Appolito array with somewhat unique magnesium/aluminum drivers. 3.75" woofers and screened tweeters to avoid poking the damn things (talk to Magico dealers about this…poked tweeters are annoying). Sublime with subs. Something about the very slim cabinets works well as they are VERY coherent (single wired is best according to the designer) and seemingly accurate with a clear relatively flat response to my ears. Great with tubes.