Recommend a Cable/Interconnect Set

I know this issue stirs controversy and can spark "vigorous dissent" (understatement), but I was looking for some recommendations on both speaker cables and interconnects for my system.

Can you guys suggest a modestly priced but high performance set of cables? I know 'modestly' covers a lot of ground, so what would be extremely helpful is some sort of "buyer's guide" to offer insight on what characteristics to look for, how to decide what you need, and how to set a budget so that I, and others reading on or those new to this pastime, can make a more informed decision.

Though I subscribe to the basic premise that the more you spend, the better it gets, I also know there is also a point of diminishing returns on the price:performance curve.

My equipment is:
HiFiBerry DAC
Krell KRC-3
Bryston 4BST
Dahlquist DQ10* (see below)
Polk PSW650

Right now, I have Monster XPHP going to the speakers, and an old set of Monster interconnects from the DAC to the Krell. Lengths for interconnects can be as short as 1.5 or 2 feet, since all my electronics are together, out in the open, and accessible from behind.

So, I figure I'll need:
1x Balanced (Krell to Bryston)
2x RCA (one for the DAC to Krell, the other Krell to PSW)
1 set speaker cables ~8-10 ft

Hit me. I'm all ears. Those of you who have indluged me in other similar questions of this type (i.e. power amp, preamp) know I take your input seriously and act on it, so this isn't just an exercise.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

(* - At some point in the future, I hope to buy a set of CLSII's, so kindly factor that into the recommendation since it doesn't make sense to buy a set of cables and find they're not up to the task down the road)
parabolic
Parabolic, this is a vast and complicated subject. And you do have to have in mind a certain budget, a range. Also, would you consider used or only new. What's more, some used cables are nearly impossible to find, and for a good reason.
Folks, don't stone me, for the balanced connection, Mogami Gold is cheap and terrific. Also a fan of acoustic zen and analysis plus- I'm a fan of single crystal copper cables. And don't knock Mogami- they are a real cable manufacturer (unlike most audiophile cable companies) and certain very pricey cables covered in techflex (to hide the true origin?) are actually Mogami sourced. 

For rca - also reasonably priced - I'm a fan of Rega interconnects. Inexpensive and if you are handy with a soldering iron, all it is is Klotz instrument cable and Neitrik Profi plugs, You can make a 1 meter set for $50 or $60. I also like Dh labs. 

speaker cable? Go to blue jeans cables.

these are all budget friendly suggestions which work very, very well. 
We won't stone you, we'll hang you.
Mogami balanced may be something to start with and go from there.
As for RCA, it's a different story. I still have my DiMarzio RCA which is quite good, excellent for the price, but it is no longer good enough for my set-up. DiMarzio cables are famous guitar pro cables.
And speaker cables, well, are importan too.
Purist Audio are not inexpensive cables to put it mildly, though now they have couple of entry level models priced quite low.
@inna , I specifically asked for HOW to set a budget, so I can't answer your question about what my budget is just yet.

Does one allocate a percentage (i.e. 10%) of the cost of the equipment?  For example, if my system has an original MSRP of $6000, do I allocate $600 for cables?  If so, then how does one break down that budget - do you spend more on speaker cables than on interconnects or do you divide it equally?

Your other question is very good.  What are the downsides of purchasing used cables?

Folks, just to be clear, I have no desire to get into the upgrade game.  Starting with 'entry level' cables and then having to upgrade later seems a waste of money to me - unless what I'm asking for is, in the grand scheme of things - considered 'entry level'.  I know people who spent as much on an entire system as you guys do for a halfway decent balanced cables, so I guess it's all relative.

I don't mind spending the money, but I want to spend it once and get it done.  However, there's no sense in buying cables that are vastly superior to the equipment they're connected to any more than it makes sense to put a $7000 supercharger onto a Toyota Yaris... if 'ya know what I mean.

Thanks again in advance for the input!