Need input on building a new HT/music system

Very difficuld to audition speaker in this town.
The only speakers I've heard so far are the Totem Forests which sounded very nice but altough they go low needs a sub which is fine by me considering that I just bought a JL f113 subwoofer yesterday I'm getting rid of my wonderful little Paradigm ref seismic110, I dont often change my components so I like to make an impact when I do, I'm looking to spend 2,500 or a little more for used floor standers I want to stay with a medium size speaker 34-40" high and does'nt weigh a ton.
A few days ago I posted on the speaker forum looking for speaker comparisons but today I found two more speaker brands that might work for me, I wanted to know what the HT forum had to say because that is what I'm putting together for now, I will also need center and surrounds.
In this size and price category I looked up these well reviewed speakers but I dont have a clue as to how they sound compared to the Totem Forest, hoping one of you has. Joseph audio RM22XL, Epos M22i, instead of Totem?
Next I'm ordering an Arcam avr600 I'm sure about that. The speakers are tough to nail down.
Thank you
Roger
tesseract86
Tesseract, Never heard the Anthem, NAD or the speakers your interested in. I did an in store audition of the Arcam 600 with my Triangle Cometes some time ago. Aside from the receivers issues it did have a more refined sound than the other receivers I auditioned that day. I would assume Arcams later model would have modern features, equal to or better sound quality, and reliability.
Vicdamone. I bought the Arcam avr400 I liked the way it sounded, should be getting it next week.
Thank you for the reply and advice.
Tesseract86, As someone above mentioned, the ARCAM AVR's can get fairly warm. You might want to ensure that ur AVR can handle ur choice in speakers. If u are considering previously owned speakers, you might want to look at Dynaudio speakers. They can handle lots of power and they never, never sound fatigued. Just a thought. How large is ur room? I would also consider what u want the end results to be. Good Luck. FYI: The older ARCAM was made in the U.K.
The new ARCAM is made in China. Just a side note
Sparks81, I'm looking for fairly sensitive speakers,
My room is about 20X20 ceilings about 12 feet and slanting higher in open floor plan.
I just bought a jl Audio f113 and an Arcam avr400 still waiting for it.
I'm now using b&w 602 and center htm2, not very happy with sound. I like 5.1.

Which Dynaudio do you recommend? at first I looked at floor spekers and now want to stay with bookshelf speakers.
Although my room is bright dont want speakers to go too low because I use sub want to avoid muddy sound.
Thank you
Tesseract86, Are the bookshelf speakers going to be stand mounted, or put onto an actuall shelf? Placement is somewhat critical...more on that later if u'd like. I'd start off by looking at the Focus series...Forcus 140 (bookshelf). However,considering the sub that u've purchased, I might consider the Focus 220II flstanding, or the Contour S3.4. It will be the same footprint as a stand mounted bookshelf speaker and render a more robust and refined sound. Don't worry about a "muddy base sound." You can address this with proper placement. Note: The only thing u have to be concerned with is wheather or not ur AVR has enough juice to drive the towers. Obviously, ur AVR400 will drive them. The question is whether the AVR400 will allow u to realize the full potention of the speakers' performance...something to consider. If u really enjoy music, this recommendation should satisfy u to no end...given a well conceived source component (Blu-ray/CD Player). I've owned the Contour S3.4's in a previous system. I now use the Dynaudio Confidence C2's for my front channel in my HT system. Like u, I tend to hold on to components for a long time.