Looking for my first tube amplifier, help appreciated.

Greetings everybody, old school audio gear head here just deciding to begin the search for my first tube amplifier. I am running a Denon DN-A7100 preamp (xlr outputs), a Rotel RB981 on my Chane A3rx-c mains (8 ohm speakers crossed at 80hz), NAD 216 THX bridged on my JL Audio 13w3v3 8 ohm subwoofer in a sealed enclosure (also crossed at 80hz by the Denon).

I have over 300 gigs of wave file CD audio and enjoy everything from new rock to the Beatles.

I am looking to upgrade my system, of course one piece at a time, and really want to start with a tube amp. As a former guitarist I am a big fan of tube amplification so want to give it a whirl on my home stereo.

I was looking at the Audio Research VS60 but it doesn’t have XLR inputs. I enjoy high volumes so am trying to go with as much power as I can for my hard earned dollar. Yes, if money was no object I would drop 10k on a class A monster but that’s not gonna happen lol.

So I am hoping for some recommendations for a reliable and great sounding tube amplifier that has AT LEAST 50w per channel, has XLR inputs and is priced under $2000 on the used market. All recommendations are appreciated, thanks so much! Mike

128x128growboxguy
I agree with meadowman above, Rogue Audio makes a great product. I originally posted a suggestion looking at the Rogue Audio Sphinx, but it's a hybrid integrated, and I see you're running separates. I have the Sphinx and it absolutely rocks (I listen to music loud too). I've heard nothing but good about their other products. Built in America, well made, actual people you can call and talk to, very decent prices, great power. 
XLR give you more gain (loudness) but amplify any distortion.   A good pair of RCAs will give better soundstage and imaging.  I used to be an XLR lover (XLR are great when you have grounding issues) and now have switched to RCAs and love the holographic soundstage.  This will open up your choices of tube gear if that is what you want to do.  I purchased a Conrad Johnson Classic 2 SE for $2200 new and just loved the warmth, but only RCAs.  I know have the Aesthetics Callisto pre eclipse and still just use RCAs, I just don't need the gain. - just to chime in on Rogue Audio - I have the hydra tubeD in a 3rd system and love the clarity and grace that it offers in an under 2K price.
For under 2 grand (around 1500 or so) you can buy a brand new Jolida 3502p with XLR inputs. I own the earlier 502p with XLRs and it’s likely not actually balanced (the 502p XLR inputs turn the XLR into single ended, but I forgive them and still like the XLRs anyway), but the 3502 has a balanced/single ended switch that indicates that maybe its XLR inputs are actually balanced. My "factory modded" 502p is a GREAT amp that has served me well with amazing tube tone and plenty of slam and power (my mains are maybe 89db although rated at 91) for over four years, and it holds up brilliantly when compared to more expensive stuff (I've done some "in home" shoot outs with higher powered tube amps from other makers and came away very pleased with my el cheapo amp which sounded as good or better). Interestingly (to me anyway) it’s quieter and clearer (maybe due to inherent tube harmonic characteristics) than most SS amps I’ve used with a surprisingly low noise floor and lack of hum. Note I have no connection with Jolida other than being as macho as Jason Statham (A Jolida owner...I talked to the dude who sold him his amp…see the original "The Mechanic" movie). A note on guitar amps…I currently use an 18 watt class A single ended Burriss el84 based head with a 12, or a 15 watt Reverend 6V6 combo with a 10, and both will tear up a club in a band situation no problemo.