Which Zu for you

After attending the Newport audio show and hearing the Druid V I decided that my next set of speakers would be some Zu's. Unfortunately, the Druid are way above my price point. I am interested in hearing from people who have heard the soul superfly and omen def mkii and why they preferred one or the other. Also, if they have heard a budget integrated amps that paired well those suggestions would also be welcomed. I have already received some great advice from Sean and 213cobra who suggested the Almarro a205 or marantz 2215/20/30 as budget options. 
128x128jkontuly
I admire your restraint. I'm you I save for the Druids. 

Personally own the Def 1V and Omen 1B.
Has nothing to do with restraint. My wife thinks the money should go saving for my daughters college fund. 😉
I just bought a pair of Omen bookshelf speakers from Zu and scored a pair of HSU subs on Agon. I am still in the process of putting things together, but I think it is going to be a killer system. I think this might be a cost effective way to get into Zu, for you
I also own a pair of Zu Union speakers which I switch between my Vandy 3a sigs.
 The Union were a short run model that, I think, evolved into the Soul and Omen series. They sound pretty nice by themselves, but definitely need subs, if you want the full effect.
There are a few Zu's for sale on Agon right now. I know there is someone on Agon with Omen Bookshelves, but he wants to sell them with stands (-let me know if you want his name). If you do buy used, I would avoid the models with the ribbon tweeters, as they never seemed to catch on.
As far as power amps, I found a McCormack Micro Amp for my little system. More than enough for the Zu's. You can drive them with tubes since they are so efficient, so the choices are endless.

Sean and Phil (213cobra) always give sound advice - including selection among the range of Zu speakers. Zu speakers are designed not only at different price points, but for different listening conditions and environments.