What is more accurate: magnetic anti-skating, or barrel weight attached a fishline?

I have seen turntables from Project, Music Hall, and a few other brands that still incorporate a small barrel weight attached to short fishline string which is stretched across a hooking loop to set ANTI-SKATING. It seems to be an artifact from the 1960's and 1970's tonearm design. It is also easy to lose or break 

My question is how accurate is that "device" compared to magnetic anti-skating employed by many turntable manufacturers   Thank you

sunnyjim
I use a blank record and set the antiskating to keep the arm inn the same position. I have tried placing it near the outer edge, the center, and close to the inner part and noticed no difference.

I use an Ikeda 407 Long arm and their 9TT cartridge.
Sonnyjim....I agree with lewn.   Either use a very little a/s or none...but listen to your music with enjoyment.  A/S is a tiny accomodation to the setup.  Overhang adjustment, VTF, and proper azimuth means so much more.
As I remember it, I backed off anti-skate incrementally from what appeared(both channels sounded equal-in a way) to be a "correct" anti-skate setting, and the result was an increase in the life(liveness?) of the music, and, therefore, to a more correct setting.  That shows the danger of using something(anti-skate) to correct for something else(unequal channel balance).  It is best to play with "settings" enough to see what those do, and not base settings on other things.

It seems that my Signet arm has a bias built in for the record radius. A weight is at the end of an arm that is leveraged differently depending on the tone arm position. There is very little difference, but it is measurable.

The answer to the question is the better designed one of any type. Even a perfectly designed spring could work quite well..