Priorities...

Which would you prioritise for an upgrade - mono blocks, pre amp or speakers? 
128x128infection
@bombaywalla ...we’ll just agree to disagree, how’s that? The Tannoys don’t need lots of power, you just want lots of power. Difference!
carmenc you should have stopped writing after "we’ll just agree to disagree". There’s no need to tell me that I "want" lots of power when my experience has clearly shown that my Tannoys enjoy lots of power. Yes, our experiences differ & that’s OK by me. Just don’t tell me that I want more power for my Tannoys when you haven’t even heard my setup & weren’t even there to listen to the difference when more power was used to drive them. Pretty rotten of you to do that...
This brings us to another question. Assuming the same quality, is more power always better if the speakers can handle it and won't blow up ?
@bombaywalla same can be said for you.  You jumped into this conversation not knowing anything about my setup as well.  You seem to want to banter with me more than help the OP!  
@bombaywalla same can be said for you. You jumped into this conversation not knowing anything about my setup as well. You seem to want to banter with me more than help the OP!
I want to totally avoid bantering with you. I jumped into this thread to help the OP - read my original post. Besides my disagreement with you re. more power, my orig post was addressed to the OP in order to help him.
Of course your Tannoys are going to sound better in a larger room with more power.  What's the point?  Most of this stuff is all relative.  My Tannoys are in a smaller room with less power and sound great.  I think all any of us were trying to do here was to try and help infection based on his given information.  In fact, some of us were trying to get more information out of him to be of further help.

He and I've dropped the jousting match, why can't you?  I got to be honest here.  Some on this forum like to give advice and opinions, but are not as good at receiving them.  One of the unwritten rules of this hobby, keep an open mind.  Hell, that's one of the main reasons I come here is to learn.  Regards......