PS Audio DirectStream network bridge

I'm planning on buying a ps audio DirectStream DAC next week and I want to know more about the network bridge, hopefully from an owner but I welcome info from anyone in the know.

Once the bridge is installed, what happens next? I plug an Ethernet cable into the bridge and on the other end my wifi router and then what? How does the dac find the music on my network attached storage device? Or on my MacBook iTunes library? What software do I need for Apple computers? Does the dac appear as an AirPlay device? If anyone could explain their own particular arrangement, I would appreciate it. Can I select music 
e91811
Knghifi, having no problems is not the same thing as well designed.  my point about JRiver is simply to say, yes it works, but it is leagues below Roon in terms of software design, functionality, and user experience. Many many leagues below..
@marktomaras, I don't have experience with Roon so can't comment.   My highest priority is SQ.  With all the softwares (LMS, eLyrics, minimServer, JRiver ... ), I install once, runs 24/7 and use app to control the DAC.    So I guess for all my needs, don't have many complaints.
knghifi,

I can agree with making sound quality the highest priority, but the cost to that is worth considering.  

I would liken it to a man with a fine Porsche 911.  He wants speed and acceleration to be the highest priority.  His friend who knows some tinkering tricks showed him how to take a sealed bucket of salt water with some electrodes in it in the passenger seat, connect a wire from that bucket to the spark plugs, then, with another wire, he had to have a hacked palm pilot connected to the bucket of water and to the car's computer system.  He would type in 3 lines of code before the light turns green, and damn, he got some excellent acceleration!  His friend, who also has a Porsche 911 just bought a microchip upgrade and called it a day.  He got the performance in a simple, elegant package.

I know you have not found JRiver to be problematic.  It may not be.  But in terms of software design, it is a tinker job with infinitely too many variables and moving parts, and far too little user conveniences and elegance of design.

It probably comes down to personality type.  Some people like to tinker, and like special super chargers, high octane gasoline, free flowing exhaust that is far too loud for the street, and specialized gear ratios to make their car go fast.  Another person, will just take all that extra cost, and invest in a slightly faster car that does the trick with more simplicity and elegance.  

Perhaps there is no right or wrong answer with this JRiver versus Roon debate.  But rather it is a question of which application is more attractive to which person.  Clearly for me, there is no question!  I would highly recommend Roon to those who appreciate well designed things, whether they be a loudspeaker, a car, a kitchen machine, or in this case a piece of software.
Ps Audio- Roon -Tidal combo with my iMac really is quite nice.  Running through Parasound JC Mac 452 into Thiel's CS 3.7 very very nice.  Switch to my Revel Ultima Studio 2 and again totally different  but nice.
Spring for the Bridge 11 you will enjoy the Roon set up.
If I had the DS I would use the Sonnare MicroRendu with ROON and TIDAL instead of the PS Audio Bridge II. I use that combo (minus the DS) with a Benchmark DAC2. One day the Benchmark goes into my office and a DS goes to where the Benchmark currently resides.