PS Audio DirectStream network bridge

I'm planning on buying a ps audio DirectStream DAC next week and I want to know more about the network bridge, hopefully from an owner but I welcome info from anyone in the know.

Once the bridge is installed, what happens next? I plug an Ethernet cable into the bridge and on the other end my wifi router and then what? How does the dac find the music on my network attached storage device? Or on my MacBook iTunes library? What software do I need for Apple computers? Does the dac appear as an AirPlay device? If anyone could explain their own particular arrangement, I would appreciate it. Can I select music 
e91811
I had a PS Audio PWD MKII with bridge 1. I ran DLNA server on a Mac or Windows. I prefer LMS over JRiver. SQ was very good but Bridge 1 was very unstable that requires frequent recycles so moved on.

My brother replaced his PS Audio PWD MKII / bridge 1 with PS Audio DirectStream / bridge 11. He brought it to my home over Thanksgiving. It took ~10 minutes to download and install JRiver on my computer.   In JRiver, create a 24-bit Audiophile DAC for UPnP and enable bitstream DSD over Ethernet.   We use JRemote on his iPad ... SQ was a HUGE improvement over PWD.MK11. Bridge 11 is very very stable, faster and NO failures.   Both DAC and computer connected via Ethernet.

I haven't demo all available DACs in the market but at street price, PS Audio DirectStream / bridge 11 is an excellent value.
Did anyone compare the Bridge II vs Auralic Aries into Direct Stream DAC?

Bridge II is integrated avoid digital cable so I wouldn't bother with Auralic if I have a Direct Stream

I talked to my brother yesterday and ZERO problems so far with Direct Stream /JRiver since last fall.
Knghifi, having no problems is not the same thing as well designed.  my point about JRiver is simply to say, yes it works, but it is leagues below Roon in terms of software design, functionality, and user experience. Many many leagues below..
@marktomaras, I don't have experience with Roon so can't comment.   My highest priority is SQ.  With all the softwares (LMS, eLyrics, minimServer, JRiver ... ), I install once, runs 24/7 and use app to control the DAC.    So I guess for all my needs, don't have many complaints.