Allman Brothers at Fillmore East, which one?

There are two recent releases available at Music Direct, one by MoFi that must be their Silver edition, meaning original masters were not involved, and one by Mercury in which the original masters were transferred to hi res digital and cut at Apple. Anyone have experience with either of these releases?
fundsgon
whart, I don't know how you can derail this thread by answering the questions/concerns I had, and still,  did not address them?

I made my comparison in (real time) earlier! It did not happen instantly, it just became my focus in order to respond in real time to this thread and to make my point more relevant. It took less than 15 minutes.

I have a hard time seeing how that same (real time) comparison is something you cannot handle as well?

Cheers!
astro- not to belabor this, because i think at this point you are trying to take me to task for something, but the issues you present are:

1. What does the Classic remaster of this record sound like, compared to an earlier pressing, in particular a pink Capricorn that I described. This will take me time to do. If you need me to explain why, it takes a minimum of 45 minutes for my amps to warm up. We are in the midst of electrical storms here, and I pull power to my gear, so I can't just run upstairs and make the comparison in "real time." I will do so when time and circumstances permit, as I offered to do.
2. You also take issue with my comments about soundstage, in connection not only with this Allman Bros album, but in other postings I made. I said I am happy to address the topic of soundstage separately. If you are familiar with my site, just go to the about page and scroll to the bottom, where there is a link to "system notes." I pretty much summarize what my biases are, and where I think the relative importance of soundstage fits in my overall worldview.

whart, I was posting in real time. I made this a REAL thing because of the nature of this thread as I perceived it.

I believe my way of responding to the thread's nature was (the best I could do).

I don't think you approached it in the same (thoughtful) way.

If in the future, you decide to respond to a thread that (by it's very nature), requires a "real time" response, We'll look upon it with respect. Until then, excuses will not suffice.
What I remember about this great recording is I had to take my original copy back three times because it skipped on the exact same spot on all 3 copies. Bad pressing and I remember getting a refund because I told the guy at the counter my Dad was getting tired of driving me to exchange it. My go to copy is a DBX encoded Natilus 1/2 speed copy.
jafant,  check at the Steve Hoffman music forums for a discussion of the cds, etc.