ok im opening pandoras box here.(treatment vs framed wall art)

So i am in a dedicated 2:1 room and am treating it for sound ,it is very bright. Although I enjoy having a selection of framed pictures on my wall they vibrate and ring.I see so many unreal setups in the forum with a ton of pics on the walls. How are you mellowing the room down with 15 glass framed pics on your wall? .I realize its a battle between form and function but ...
Thanks 
128x128oleschool
A big shout-out for Marigo VTS dots for windows and walls and for those teeny tiny little bowl acoustic resonators.
oleschool:

geoffkait is absolutely correct that the Marigo dots can be very effective in altering room acoustics. Like the SR HFT's they are small and not visually distracting. Enjoy The Music 2014 (in their tweeks archive) has an article treating a room with small squares of Dynamatt sound damping material (Amazon.com). This is covered in shiny aluminum and so may not work visually, but it does work and the glass in a room can be treated for $30.00.
Acoustic Revive makes a set of Quartz (quarter size) dots that also can be used to treat room acoustics.

Audio Magic makes a set of small bowl acoustic resonators and there is also a set of Zillplex small bowl Resonators for sale at Audio Asylum (seller is TBG on Audiogon).

Have you removed all the pictures and taken a listen? Then replace the pictures one at a time to see if there are a few critical locations that are disturbing the acoustics. You may not need to treat all the glass or some glass may need more treatment than others.

stevizzy:

No not an advertisement for Synergistic Research but rather an enthusiastic endorsement from a very satisfied customer and user.

David Pritchard
Cool i am interested , I don't want to say which systems I saw i don't think its respectful , but i can say my system and enviroment are getting on track ( new room only 6 mnths old ) I don't mind some treatment throughout my room .

My original post was regarding some of the system pics on the gon . I see some mega system 6 figures and they  have there walls covered in glass framed pics . I was just perplexed over this because i have like 6  17"x24" pics and i know they vibrate i hear it . I just wonder how much the pics change things . For instance room 13'x18' x10' exposed rafters spkrs on long wall  etc etc . One wall has a slider with heavy fabric curtain wall behind me large window again very heavy curtain blind set up , open that blind up and its a different room . I would think using the sr on the pic itself would be interesting . Like i said my reason for asking again is i see 20 pics in a med room all that glass cannot be good or costly to chill out

..ps someone asked about power i have dedicated dual 20 amp  hospital grade recepticles to my system and run it completley off grid 😁 
While we’re on the subject of unconventional room treatments can I offer up the following for your consideration? Crystals for addressing sound pressure peaks in the room, DIY Helmholtz resonators using the Helmholtz formula to calculate the nozzle diameter and length and resonator volume for the frequency of interest, Shun Mook Mpingo disc, removing (resonating) objects in the room that interfere with the sound such as beer bottles, CD jewel cases, musical instruments, chest of drawers, that sort of thing. Here's a flashback: one or more medium-large size box filled with crumpled up newspapers in each corner of the room. A cheap man's tube trap?

g. k.
machina dynamica
we do artificial atoms right!

Speaking of opening Pandora’s box, while almost everyone and his brother would probably agree glass resonates and that glass windows and glass framed pictures and just ordinary drinking glasses in the room might not be a good idea sound quality wise, what isn’t well known is that the pictures themselves hurt the sound. Especially if the pictures are of people, birds of prey, predators such as lions or tigers or sharks, military aircraft, things of that nature; in other words, things that could easily represent a threat to the listener, consciously or subconsciously. Thus, if you remove all pictures, even ones you might deem innocuous, from the listening room and invite your friend over to listen to the system he will hear a marked improvement to the sound. This will be the case even if the pictures are NOT covered by glass. For best results pictures should be taken entirely outside the house since they can still affect the sound even if they’re in other rooms.