Digital output or Analog output from Blu Ray playe

If you intend only to use the HDMI, component and/or optical & coaxial audio outputs, and NOT it’s analog outputs in conjunction with your HT receiver or PROC/PREAMP, should it matter then about the players digital to analog conversion abilities?

For ex. The New Oppo BDP 95 touts a better build power supply, and a reputedly vastly better set of audio DACs, over it’s sibling/brethren BDP 93. Otherwise, they are the same box.

If only digital interfaces are then used on either device, the owner of the more expensive BDP 95 is losing out, right? Or…. There’s that added $500 purchase price, and the cost for at least one pr of analog ICs to actually realize the full benny’s of the mo pricey 95…. RIGHT?
blindjim
Jwm

they're thking that long now to deliver?

I decided to go with the 93 vs. the 95 due to the way I'll use the interfaces... just HDMI... and the cost diffs between the two.

To realize the added benny's of the 95 I'd have to use the RCA/XLR outs. I might, but most likely I'll go all HDMI.

I'm wondering too now, if both HDMI outs are in use, is there also a way to sync the audio and video between them?

I saw that as another reason why not to use both HDMI outs for replay of the same content.

I should think that even via HDMI out, the 95 ought to sound a tad better audio wise, as it's improved upon power sup should show itself somewhat in that situation.
My unit was shipped on Monday so I may get it tomorrow or Monday. I think the 95 should sound better even through the HDMI because of the bigger power supply.

I have had mine for the past 2 weeks. I am more of a HIFI guy than a movie buff.
I have recommended tons of people to buy the BPD 83 and the SE when they came out years ago and never bought one for me. I broke down and bought the BPD 95 after reading some of the interesting parts involved in the unit design and choices they have made. I am using this mainly to watch live concerts in my main 2 channel rig. It’s a very impressive unit for 1k with stunning video capabilities and sound quality running via its balanced mode. Blew my PS3 away in every possible manner but when it comes to sound, its good using the balance mode and running that path directly to your pre or amplifier and it seems to sound better for movies that way. As a stand along CD player, it’s not very close to my reference DAC and transport combo but point taken that I did not pay 1k for my front end digital as well. I bought the “TRON Legacy” Blu Ray and realized for the first time how impressive my TV actually is!