What has your audiophile experience taught you about yourself?

So that is the question, "What has your audiophile experience taught you about yourself?" I would think it interesting to know what others have found in an introspective way. This is what I have found.

1. At first I believed in the hype created by over-enthusiastic new gear owners. Most often I made mistakes in buying gear other people liked rather than listening to audio components and picking the pieces I enjoyed.
2. I found more actual enjoyment in listening to my music and my equipment rather than lust after better equipment, much of which is out of my financial reach.
3. I can learn from others on audio sites like audiogon.com. Some other sites are much more geared toward advertising than exchange of ideas and/or opinions.
4. It is ok to want a Bose Wave radio. I once owned Bose 901 speakers in the 80's.
128x1282psyop
Great comments. Very interesting. Yes Chayro that one made me laugh. Have not purchased any audio in over two years, wife luvs this and told me we don't need a " musical subwoofer". What does she know about subwoofers?
Oh, and another critical lesson that is often not easily or quickly learned:

Be TRUTHFUL with yourself, REALLY know your priorities, and set goals accordingly.
What it most definitely has taught me is that any person who has any intention of reproducing sound similar to a concert hall event in their home while evaluating  high end audio equipment must use classical programme material; anything else is laughable... You're just fooling yourself . You might as well get another hobby!!
It's taught me that I'm an audio nut! I'm OCD big time. Some of this stuff just ain't worth it. It should be always about the music first. Enjoy what you have instead of the stuff you don't. 

All great comments and relate to them all.  It's more of a journey than a destination, a lot worse things you can spend your money on....  ;o)