Bookshelf speakers on a budget

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions for a decent pair of bookshelf speakers. However I'm on a budget in the $400-$500 range; I know this is a low dollar amount but it's all I can afford right now. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them.

ThanksĀ 
hfarrior3
I own and enjoy Silverline Minuets, they are $350 or so used probably. Mine are in a modest system and sound great.

I'd like to hear the Elac as well. They were selling some for $100 off due to a discolored cone defect but I'm not sure if there are amy left at that price.

The Peachtree are well thought of, too, and may be a great speaker.

I think you'll be able to get a nice pair of standmounts in your budget.

Good luck!

the top three are:

ELAC
ELAC
and
ELAC

You can try to do better for that kind of money, but you will fail......
100% guaranteed......
Basically, if you want things to sound damn good, go ELAC, if you want accurate reproduction, go JBL.
I'm leaning toward to Dali Zensor 1's over the ELAC Debut 6's.

The new ELACS at $500 are out of my range (I have hear about the defective colored UB5s for $00, and if they are around by the time I purchase I might get those)
hfarrior3,the Elac B5's are around $225.00 a pair delivered BUT I listened to them & chose to spend an extra $150.00 on the Zensor 1's because I felt the treble was a bit sweeter & imaging was MUCH better.The Elacs sound stayed between the speakers where as the Dali's imaged well outside with the right recordings.JMO,YMMV.