Where to get a reliable Cryo treatment service for Power cord?

Do you know where and how to get a reliable and prompt service for Cryo treatment? This is for a couple of  old power cords I purchased in the past. BTW, Do you have any idea about related cost too?
You help is highly appreciated.

thanks.
michelzay
This is Rick with Ice Age Audio.  There are multiple locations around the country that offer assorted methods of Cryogenic Treatment.  In my own personal experience it can be expensive to treat individual pieces.  You can use NitroFreeze out of Massachusetts, you can reach them at 508-459-7447, ask for Bryce. NitroFreeze runs a cycle once a week, they start their process on Fridays and it comes out on Mondays.  You will need to pay shipping both ways and I believe they have a minimum charge, It was $50.00, but that might have changed.  Cryo facilities normally charge by total weight, the more weight the lower the cost.  Individual pieces weigh nothing therefore you have a minimum charge.  In some cases it's cheaper to buy a cryo treated cord than it is to have only one cord treated.  I hope this was helpful, good luck.

Feel free to contact me directly through my website www.iceageaudio.com if you have any further questions.

Rick
Ice Age Audio
Thank you very much guys for the infos. I talked to several companies and seems NitroFreeze is more professional. thanks Rick!

BDP24, my humble experience is limited to Hubble duplex outlet (Cryo vs. Non-Cryo treatment). The sonic difference is really audible. For my power cords, I keep my expectation very low and even like 10% of improvement would be greatly appreciated! As mentioned on divers sites the most commonly noted improvements are:
  •     Deeper, wider, more three dimensional soundstage
  •     More articulate bass reproduction
  •     Smoother, more refined high frequency response
  •     Improved dynamic range
  •     Lower noise floor

My recollection is that these Cryo treatment for cables is done more on nude metal (copper or silver) before adding shielding and other level of sleeves. In case where cables has already multiple levels of shielding and sleeves (like my Custom power cord Company pcs, CPCC brand), Cryo treatment might make cause some cracking on cover or sleeves.

Is there any thoughts about this issue?!

thanks,
Michel
From what I know and what I have been told, most materials can survive the cryo process and come out intact, with the exception of "pure rubber".  Pure rubber will disintegrate  during the process.  Synthetic rubber and most plastics are unaffected, I have seen where some cheaper vinyls have become stiff or rigid.  We run 250ft rolls of cable, boxes full of HDMI's, 100's of assorted types of plug sets in assorted metals and we've haven't had any issues.  Glad to hear NitroFreeze could help you, they're good people, very helpful.

Rick
Ice Age Audio
Certain adhesives have problems with cryogenic treatment. Otherwise, generally, speaking, the performance of all metals and plastics, even glass, is improved by cryo. They come out stronger, less brittle, harder, and more durable.