Jadis JA30 Mk2, how great???

The new Jadis JA30 Mk2 is now on my radar. Does anyone here have any experience with this amp...thoughts?

Would seem to be in the sweet spot of the Jadis line.
128x128daveyf
Hi gwalt,
Thanks for your comments and listening impressions. When Srajan Ebaen of 6 Moons reviewed the LV speakers he was quite impressed with them. He did note however that they were a bit harder to drive than their stated specifications would suggest. He believes they are at their best with more power than a 300b SET  amplifier provides so your findings support that point. 

My speakers are an easier load  (14 ohms,  minimum 10 ohms ) and they thrive with my 300b amplifier. I also have a 40 watt and 100 watt PP amplifiers as well but the SET sounds better than both on my speakers. 
You and I hear the same special qualities from the Jadis that's for sure. 
I'm really looking forward to reading your insightful thoughts regarding the Jadis once you've placed it in your system. I suspect that you're going to derive immense enjoyment from this amplifier. 
Charles, 
@butler Thanks for posting that link that article looked fascinating and great pics I agree Jadis looks stunning with silver faceplates! Do you know if there is an english translation of that article? There seems to be so little written about Jadis in the press would love to read it. Thanks!
Thanks jond, agree that the silver really makes it look kinda chic & cool at the same time…….you are obviously a man of good taste. I agree that Jadis does not appear often in the press though I think there is a resurgence of interest in the past few years  now that they again have a stable distribution home in North America…...hopefully we shall see more written reviews.

Try as I might, could not find a translation for the German article. Though for what it’s worth, I did google an german-to-english translation for the final summary paragraph…..it does not appear to be a great translation, but here it is:  `Great cinema with Tubes. Jadis plays wonderfully with the possibilities of the glass flask and dares a little "sound". The final stage is speaker intended degree of phonetic with normal efficiency that phono stage is even a kind of bargain'.

Kyomi Audio….Hi George, I’ve been looking for reviews of that Jadis JPS2 preamp you mentioned as a mate to the JA30 MK2. Not many newer comments, but some of the older articles suggested that it is great with classical music but not so much for rock, i.e., slower bass and a bit dark on top, so less able to deliver the taut rhythms common to rock and pop was biggest concern. Can you provide any details as to the last time this pre was updated, and whether Jean-Christophe Calmettes was part of that update? As with many Jadis products, it’s hard to know with much clarity when (and to what extent) some of the decades-old products have been improved upon through time………except for a change from silver-ish to blue caps, they look very similar through the years.

As always, thanks for taking the time to provide your input, and know that my listening preferences are for rock/blues first and foremost (with jazz, acoustical, pop, etc coming after, and classical coming in last).
butler, all Jadis pieces get silent updates from time to time that improve upon the original design. That would apply to JP80/JPS2 as well. We have used those preamplifiers in variety of full range systems playing heavy rock material with terrific results. Having said that, you might prefer the CAT for rock - it would give you more slam and macro dynamics that you mention In fact, it beats 99% of solid state and ALL tube preamps in that department.  It is also cheaper then JPS2 by a cool 5K in line stage only version. 
When you come to visit, you will have the opportunity to compare several preamps and make your own conclusions. If you wish to talk about it more, please do not hesitate to call me.