Jadis JA30 Mk2, how great???

The new Jadis JA30 Mk2 is now on my radar. Does anyone here have any experience with this amp...thoughts?

Would seem to be in the sweet spot of the Jadis line.
128x128daveyf
gwalt, glad you made it up to see George and even more so that you verified what I hoped this amp would bring to the party, especially in terms of bass capabilities. Does this mean you are a KT-150 advocate now?  At any rate, congrats👍!  I hope to be following in your footsteps very soon......

Hi Butler:

I only heard the amp. with the KT150's but it was sure good. The amp. has strap changes internally for the other tubes so time will tell. One thing to remember is that none of the listening involved "cooked" gear and I personally find that very important with tubes and transformers. I could hear the amps. getting better and better as time went by and they had a much blacker background.....they are quieter for sure. George did not have them cooked when I got there but that was Ok because mine were not either. At any rate they were in way more control than the older amps. and the bass had slam and control which my older ones did not have. My older ones never got cooked with the time I was there but I am certain it would not have mattered. So to answer your question I am not sure I am in love with the KT150's as much as the improvements to the amp. itself with the smaller tubes? I still have to investigate the answer. I have no doubt the smaller output tubes will be magical in it also as I did note the caps. were a tad larger and I believe the outside of the transformers might have been a tad larger also. Hope this helps.

gwalt

Excellent gwalt, appreciate your input on the new amp and in comparison with your older version. Makes me anxious to get up the Windy City for an audition!! Will be interesting to see where you end up eventually as far as tubes, I imagine that you, like most of us, will experiment. Please keep us posted as you go with the new amp.

How soon before it arrives from France and gets to you? I think I remember someone saying they are usually delivered on a pallet to ensure safe transport. Also, don’t know if you care but you can order them with silver instead of gold face plates, which I kind of like from the pics I’ve seen. Also, did George happen to mention that they can be spec’d with balanced inputs, I think I read that Jadis can do such for all their amps, which I would prefer as my current pre (and the one I’m looking at as replacement) works best via balanced connection.
butler, the usual lead time is 6-8 weeks since they are all built per order. They do come on a pallet.

I personally like KT150 so much that I would not even care to experiment. Especially after we had new CAT JL7 amps at AXPONA with the similar stunning results. As you probably know, Ken Stevens would not have bothered otherwise. I find them even better then the original Genalex KT88 that I used to have on several occasions. As far as balanced inputs, I would highly recommend pairing JA30 MKii with a Jadis pre or the CAT SL1- both single ended.  The synergy is truly magical. 
Let me know when you would like to visit, I would be happy to demo the amps for you. 
So George is it true on the silver faceplate? If so is there a picture of that somewhere? I think I might prefer it?