Just entered the world of high resolution audio

I dipped my toes by obtaining the HD Tracks free samples. Now I am ready to get something else- I'm into jazz so can someone recommend some music that is both excellent music and sounds great. I already have Kind of Blue on CD and vinyl, so I'm not really interested in Kind of Blue in yet a 3rd format 

128x128zavato
WAV is uncompressed but FLAC (compressed but lossless) has better metadata tagging capabilities. FLAC isnt compatible with iTunes if youre still using it. (I use it to manage adding files but play my music using Roon.) ALAC also lossless and compressed is compatible with iTunes and considered equal to FLAC. 

I rip to AIFF format uncompressed because storage space and file size became less important than compatibility and I want full metadata capabilities. 

In terms of sampling resolution, you may want to listen again to those HD Track samples to determine how your DAC handles the differing rates.  

Try using Roon software to manage and play your music. A tad expensive as it is a subscription, but man oh man what a piece of software!  Definitely worth downloading the trial and using it for a while to see how you like it.
In another era, I'd say ... buy a good turntable, arm and cartridge ... and start hitting the thrift stores, garage sales and used record stores. Oh wait ... its still appropriate for this era too.  :-)

WAV is a nightmare for metadata. FLAC or AIFF are far easier to work with regardless of using Mac, PC, NAS or a streamer/network player. Let’s hope you aren’t using iTunes, but that is at least 2 other conversations: 1) re: sound quality 2) re: album art not embedded in files
Cheers,
Spencer
Oregonpapa,

I appreciate your suggestion- I think I do have an adequate turntable/arm/cartridge setup. I do go to garage sales, used record stores and thrift shops. IMO, used record stores are the worst because they are inordinately pricey. I've done well at thrift shops and garage sales, though, and I buy new vinyl as well. So, hi rez is not in place of vinyl, which I've been buying since the mid 70's, but in addition. my available formats now are hi rez, vinyl, cd, and FM