THE SHOW AT NEWPORT BEACH 2016

Is any body going?

68pete
I suggest you visit On a Higher Note (distributor of high-end audio components ) located in the Pelican Hill Room.  Philip O’Hanlon’s demo using Vivid Speakers, Luxman and Merging Technologies are outstanding.   He usually uses LP's and switches to other inputs as needed.   His descriptions of the music are terrific.

For me, the best part, is that he publishes his demo playlists so that they can be added to your Tidal account. One playlist example is named “Box of Fun”, and it is terrific. See:

http://onahighernote.com/blog/category/philips-music-talk/philips-playlist/

Please see the On A Higher Note web site for other playlists.   The On a Higher Note Room is a must listen and is highly recommended.  

I hope anyone even remotely thinking of going (even for two hours) do so. It truly is a celebration of technology, artistry, personalities, and music.

The Hotel Irvine is wonderful and easy to get to.

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful

The food trucks are fast, good, and reasonably priced..

Last year I really enjoyed the Synergistic Research Demonstration room on the first floor and many other exhibitor rooms. And lastly there is the fun of meeting friends, famous designers, musicians, and industry writers. 

David Pritchard

I’m there with Peter and Jim Aud of Purist Audio Design, as Peter said, room 1147 and 1149.

I'm not far from there at all; I'd love to attend, do I need to purchase tickets or pre-register (more info please)? -Davis
I'm  gonna go with a buddy. I was hoping Herron Audio was gonna be there but not this time. I am looking forward to a more thorough checking out of Ocean Ways speakers. These left me pretty blown away the last time I went albeit with a quick listen. Other than that just gonna cruz O.pen in the old shirt pocket and enjoy some music live and recorded played on world class gear. 15$ and real tastyfood(ie) trucks outside for the post show sustenance ya can't go wrong. These youngins today think they are so hip. I'll take this over anywhateverfest with drunk aholes trying to hit on my wife, pick a fight, and general pushing and shoving, any day. Walk away with some nice vinyl and call it a day.