If a gear is dirt cheap, do you think it is no good?

High-end stuff is usually pricey. I have purchased both expensive and cheaper gear and usually expensive stuff sounded better. It really did. I had an Arcam amp which was good but Pass Labs Aleph 3 kicked its butt by a huge margin (at least IMO).

However, now most stuff (usually electronics such as amps), although cheap I mean dirt cheap sound really good. I do not want to make this comparison because I have so much respect for Nelson Pass but his Aleph 3 which I owned and still to me the best sounding amp ever, does not sound 100 times better than my new finding Texas Instruments' TPA3116 Digital amp. I mean this thing runs cool, it is small, and dirt cheap! It sounds awesome. ALMOST close to Aleph 3 but no, it is NOT Aleph 3. I do not know if it is worth for me to spend that much money when I can get almost same sound for $25! 

Do you feel better when you pay $2500 for an amp/DAC which is little better than a $100 DAC or $25 amp? I mean after hearing new CHEAP audio products, I kinda feel no need to spend that much for small improvement. 

What do you think?
celo
I guess I could not explain myself (obviously). I mean will you keep the cheap gear in your main system if you really like it or you want the expensive gear for little better sound? I would not ask this question on DIY Audio but I am curious to know what people think here.

I like vintage Nikko components. They’re dirt cheap and sound damn good. Also I like JBL 43xx series speakers for same matter.

Do you have Nikko electronics and JBLs in your main system? If you have other brands (probably more expensive), are they THAT better to spend A LOT more than Nikko and JBLs?
I like to try 'giant killers' in my system. I never had the financial means to afford pricey equipment, so I gravitate to smaller, lower priced manufacturers- though the internet now allow me greater access, thanks  Audiogon.
I agree with mofimadness, if it sounds good, it is good. ( A Duke Ellington quote). Though there may be some compromises, I never feel dissapointed just because I don't have the most expensive component. 
Maybe it is because I followed that route when I was younger. Hindsight, and time taught me that the quest for perfection was foolish.
As long as the power supply is well designed (usually the most expensive part of any component where cost constraints make a typical impact) then there is no reason why it shouldn't provide satisfaction.  In my experience it is the PS that is usually the limiting factor in so-called inexpensive electronics.
Years ago we were looking for a freezer and one of my friend's coworker found her husband was fooling around with another woman, so he threw him out and started the process of divorcing him.  He said to sell his stuff and send him a check...hence we got a new freezer for $10!

Some times people are willing to take lower amounts for their stuff, based on their circumstances, not on the "intrinsic" value of that stuff.