Krell HTS 7.1 Room EQ.

I understand Krell HTS 7.1 has the room EQ feature but it's probably not an auto EQ; i.e. you cannot hook up a microphone to the HTS 7.1 and have the equipment automatically EQ my room. Is this correct? If so, how difficult is it to EQ my room with the HTS 7.1?
cpatbay
I have a showcase Proc and Amp. I am about to hire an HAA calibrator in the next few weeks. Should I expect him to use the krell EQ?
Why, does it matter? If he gets you better frequency response and sound overall who cares, right?
Not to be confrontational. But There area lot of things to do to fix this stuff right. Most of your problems with needing to EQ lye in the bass reigion anyway, which makes a "parametric" the best chioce. I'd always go there first with my choices....don't know what's in the Krell personally.
Currious, who's doing your system?
The Krell HTS 7.1 is a 1/3 octave EQ,By no means it's intended to correct 100% room acoustic abnormalities,But to help the system/room intergration.Most room's have a suck-out at about 200hz,The EQ built into the Krell HTS 7.1 is great to handle this problem.
The EQ setup is very simple,just time consuming.
Once you learn to effectively apply the EQ to your specific Room/Speaker application you will find the performance of your system to be greatly enhanced.
The point is you have this EQ capability on the Krell HTS/Showcase. You don't have to buy it separately.

Use the EQ function and if it doesn't do anything for you, turn it off.

I like it, so I keep it on.
Currious, who's doing your system?
I saw an ad for HAA in magazine last month, so I called the closest calibrator to NYC, Johnathan Fiedel at Audio & Video Solutions.