What's the most overrated or overpriced piece of equipment you own, have owned or come by?

This hobby of ours is extremely rewarding, but can also be very expensive. I don't mind paying the big bucks (if I can afford it) for better sound. But many companies out there take advantage of us poor bastards and sell us snake oil equipment at exorbitant prices. Well...This is your chance to share with other Audiogonners.

This is your chance to GET EVEN :-)
mozart4040
Pretty much every commercial audio cable I ever purchased(relative to DIY efforts.)
Before I would say I would ask to confirm that public stonings are illegal or at minimum still considered to be in bad taste.   :^)
No one is willing to admit to owning Bose on this site.  That company wins the award hands down!

Rather than focus on a few minor disappointments I’d rather just say that most everything I have ever bought has been worth it for the most part. I may have scratched my head once or twice over certain pricier ICs but not so bad so no big deal. I do tend to research my purchases carefully and thoroughly though so that surely helps.

Also I own no Bose though some of their Bluetooth speakers seem fairly competitive at their price points. Otherwise not so much and most common Bose products these days is not worth the money versus the competition IMHO.