Are Ohm-Walsh micros and 1000 series disrespected because of omni-directional design??

I never was a big fan of Omni-directional speakers because they are often disappointing.  I don't need the sound in back of me or 2 foot to my right or left.  However, I have seen many testimonials for Ohm -Walsh speaker on Audiogon, yet they are infrequently reviewed. 

Therefore, are Ohm-Walsh speakers disrespected because of  their Omni directional design??. I  noticed two issues on their website: 1) how do your determine which micro or tall column will be compatible for the dimensions of your listening area, especially if your listening area is only part of a larger room. 2)  A  buyer can easily mistake  the way they are priced. For example, the OW Talls (w-1000)  are $ 1000 each, NOT $1000 FOR THE PAIR.  So, that model is $2000 a pair, and there is lot of competition from conventional designed speaker, in that price category For example. the Golden Ear Technology. model 7, and the Magneplanar .07 both in the $1400-1500 price range and, some of the PSB towers, like the T-2 or T-3. or Monitor Audio recent series.. 

Would like some feedback about whether this Ohm-Wash design is disrespected  by the major audio press. Are  hardcore audiophile not convinced by the Omni-directional design and results, and so it never gets a f"air shake or serious audition,

sunnyjim
Finsup   Correction. In paragraph four of the above reply, it should read:... "I have NETHER pulled out my hair...., etc, etc" 
Love the thread content at this point....*S*

I'm working on that 'brightness' issue in my own fashion, BTW.  I agree w/Mapman on his observations and feel that the Ohms, new and older, always seemed to lack that 'sheen' that is present with a direct radiating source.  I have my 'suspicions' that I'm looking to investigate with my 'toys'. *S*

Sunnyjim, Right On. ;) 2/28 post A....

All things are flawed, ultimately.  How much 'flaw' one is willing to entertain with regard to the experience, however engaged, is the bottom line.  As is the resources available, time and effort vs. quality desired, and how deeply one desires to dive into such pursuits. Oh, and the SAF, Yes.

"User Friendly" is a plus on that last...MHO....
To the original poster's questions, he needs to keep in mind that different people focus on different aspects of reproduction. What takes one person to nirvana will leave another unimpressed. 

One observation about the Ohms (I owned a pair of the original Fs) which I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. Since they put out a lot of sound to the sides and rear, they intentionally interact with the room more than front-firing speakers. That's one of the reasons I didn't consider them for my current room. The right rear wall has an open doorway and the left side doesn't. While I'm not a fanatic about pin-point precision in imaging, I do like a reasonable sonic picture with instruments where they should be and stable.  My back wall screws that up a lot more for Ohms (or Maggies, etc.) than conventional speakers. 

When well setup in an appropriate room, the Ohms do have a bigger sweet spot than forward-firing speakers. That's nice, but doesn't bother me too much. When I'm listening critically, I sit where I need to be. When I'm listening casually and up and about, I don't notice an imprecise image. My main concern it that situation is correct tonality. 

Finally, I think Ohms get as much respect from the press as any maker, it is just that they fly under the radar most of the time. 

I recently visited the Ohm factory in Brooklyn to see my friends there, and, while I was there a customer came in to listen to the 1000s - after listening to a half dozen or so songs from his iPhone through his own DAC (which he had brought with him) he had a big smile and handed his credit card over on the spot to have the speakers shipped to him (as he was in town on a business trip and flying back).

I'm quite happy with their 1000 in particular as it hits a few "sweet spots" in terms of being sleek enough to pass most "Spouse Approval Tests" (AKA WAF) and has remarkably good bass for it's size. 

I'm back in Ohio now and brought a pair of 1000 home with me.  I'll probably be using the "tops" (the woofer/tweeter "can" assembly) on top of some custom cabinets with an additional woofer, not because the 1000 needs more base, but just because I also happen to like "DIY Audio" as a hobby and it's gonna be a ton of fun working on this project.

For a while I had a pair of KEF Reference Series 105/2s in the living room but my wife didn't like them (too big from her perspective) so I had to remove them.  Hopefully the 1000s will not bother her. 

Guess I'll have to post a "for sale" thread here eventually and sell the KEFs.