InfiniCaps or V cap upgrades for ARC LS7

Hello Guys,

Just want to get better sound out of my LS7.  Wondering between InfiniCaps and V caps which would you guys recommend for output coupling caps.  Don't know if it worth it since it is very old.

Regards,
Eddy    
eddy1
I agree with DG. MIT makes caps that sound good, mainly the RTX (styrene and tin) and PPFXS (polypropylene and tin). Before spending big bucks, you might want to try some smaller valued caps in your system, and see what works in your system. Some caps sound brighter than others, and that may sound good in your system. In your system. Can't repeat that too often. In your system.

Some caps may sound so bad that you think of giving up listening. I'm serious. And if you've just spent big bucks ... well, you just might.

I would begin with MIT (above) and Relcap Teflons. Then see.

A LS7 no matter what you do to it is going to outshine a MW SWL 9.0SE. It's not just a cap upgrade it needs. I tried NOS tubes in mine and etc. it just wasn't a great design, was short lived and the LS8 wasn't much better... short lived too I recall. The LS2b was much better or look for a LS15 if you want to stay with ARC. I'm guessing no one else on this thread owns or owned one.

After I sold my LS3 I went to a Sonic Frontiers SFL 1 next which is a more musical unit. You can sell your LS7 and probably buy a much better preamp for not much more if any more. 

If if you are going to keep it and try the caps I'd suggest keeping the caps in it and just add small bypass caps on them. I used to own the schematic but gave it to the guy that bought mine, so I'm sure you can get your hands on one. Assuming you know what you're doing? If not I'd have a tech with mod experience do the work or you might have a mess then it's worthless. 

Meant after I sold my LS7, not LS3. The LS3 was a better preamp. My dad had one when I had my LS7 and we did compare them and there was no comparison.