What Pre/Pro do you recommend?

I am currently using a Rotel 1066 which has actually served me very well. However I'm considering upgrading to a more modern Pre/Pro with the latest and greatest amenities. My budget would probably max out at 3-4K used. My needs are bass management capabilities...I am using a VPI Scout 1.1 and a PS Audio phono preamp that I need to run through the new pre/pro...I also want the latest HDMI inputs and processing. I would also like to have balanced outs.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
krelldog
Yea, or maybe they can find something else they like that they can hear first. I'll have no problems selling the the Ayre once I get serious about doing so.
Or maybe better Krelldog can just go get a great pass through preamp as that's where his head seems to be at.

Runnin, sorry if I ruffled your feathers. I don't really have a filter and just post on here for fun. When I'm ready I'll buy an ad, promise.
Ruffle my feathers? Do as you please, big C, just sometimes you'll have to try a little harder.
Krell, when I was looking at preamps I noticed that a few of the good ones have the pass through now. You should have no problems finding one you really like the sound of for your system. Most folks have no idea how important a great preamp really is. I asked a dealer friend of mine who sells a ton of HT including Meridian if he ever heard a pre/pro that he likes. He laughed and said no way.