What Pre/Pro do you recommend?

I am currently using a Rotel 1066 which has actually served me very well. However I'm considering upgrading to a more modern Pre/Pro with the latest and greatest amenities. My budget would probably max out at 3-4K used. My needs are bass management capabilities...I am using a VPI Scout 1.1 and a PS Audio phono preamp that I need to run through the new pre/pro...I also want the latest HDMI inputs and processing. I would also like to have balanced outs.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
krelldog
Zd542....Music is way more important. Especially optimizing the sound for my TT. Although I do want at least 5.1 abilities for movies and concerts.

Dbphd....The Oppo 105 achieves processing and bass management?
Maybe thats worth exploring.

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You
I would suggest researching Bryston . SP 1.7 and SP2 pre / pro's . With them you get a high emphasis on the two channel aspect as well as the extra decoding for movies / tv .
"03-20-15: Krelldog
Zd542....Music is way more important. Especially optimizing the sound for my TT. Although I do want at least 5.1 abilities for movies and concerts."

Looking at the other components in your system, I think there's a better option for you. Keep your Rotel at least for now, and get a really good 2 channel preamp with a HT pass through. Your whole system will just open up like you've never heard it before. HT preamps are notorious for falling short when it comes to 2 channel. If you go that route, its an expensive, uphill battle. For comparison, I've had some pretty high end HT processors. The best ones were a Meridian 861 and a Classe SSP-75, and they were both easily outperformed by preamps in the $2000 to $3000 price range.
For comparison, I've had some pretty high end HT processors. The best ones were a Meridian 861 and a Classe SSP-75, and they were both easily outperformed by preamps in the $2000 to $3000 price range.

Zd542....Out of curiosity..which 2 channel pre-amps are you referring to?
"Zd542....Out of curiosity..which 2 channel pre-amps are you referring to?"

I'm not. That's a choice you have to make. Its too important to mess up.