Audio Research VS60 amp Matched tubs

I have two new matched 6550 tubes and two old tubes on VS60 amp right now. Do I need to buy QUAD matched tubes or I can just buy other two matched tubes to replace old tubes?

Regards,
Eddy
eddy1
Just got off the phone with ARC tech at ARC.  He said KT120 will improve sound quality but it will shorten life of transformer.
Thank you. If I change from 6550 to all KT 120, is sound quality will be better than 6550?

Just got off the phone with ARC tech at ARC. He said KT120 will improve sound quality but it will shorten life of transformer.
You won’t improve the sound going from a Kt-88 of good quality to a KT-120. The KT-120, I expect, will not be lasting long in the face of the KT-150; the big complaint against the KT-120 is increased distortion. This is the same problem that was faced by the KT-90, 99 and 100, of which production is severely curtailed if no gone entirely due to the distortion issue.

JJ is making some excellent KT-88s (which are a direct replacement/ higher quality version of a 6550).

In the case of shortening the transformer life, if the above quote is correct, it will shorten the life of the transformer to that of hours rather than years! IOW don’t do it!