Preamp inverts signal.

My tube preamp inverts the signal and the manufacturer suggests to reverse the speaker leads at the speakers to correct. My CD player has a polarity switch, will activating this switch take care of this signal inversion, avoiding having to reverse speaker leads?
phd
Another factor is the design of the loudspeakers playing any given recording. Very few are phase-coherent; planars are, of course (one reason for their generally high-quality sound), but most multi-driver dynamics are not. Vandersteens yes (at the x/o frequency, at least), Wilsons no. The drivers’ polarities may be inverted relative to one another, in order to optimize the speakers frequency response and/or waterfall plot performance. If that requires running one driver with inverted polarity, so be it. Dave Wilson, for one, does that regularly. The Eminent Technology LFT-8b magnetic-planar and Vandersteens models 1, 2, and 3 use 1st order (6dB/octave) cross-overs between drivers, and are phase-coherant. If you are listening to a speaker which has it’s drivers working in opposite polarity, good luck listening for a change in absolute polarity upstream.
I must say that I was never troubled by polarity of a recording. Have inverted polarity at the speaker or amp end of their terminals at times when amp or pre were inverted. Guess i am not that trained in listening. Also mayby thankful for that.