Which amp/preamp/integrated for GoldenEar Triton 5's

I just purchased a pair of GoldenEar Triton 5's. I have an old Adcom amp GFA-545, but the Adcom preamp that went with it soudns muddy on one channel. Tried to get it fixed but it's still not right, so I either need a new preamp, or a new integrated. Found a great deal on Peachtree's 220SE, but am weighing that against buying something like the Parasound P5 preamp and keeping my Adcom going. Any advice much appreciated, and doesnt have to stay with those 2 choices, but my budget can't extend past $1500, and I'd prefer if it stayed closer to $1k. Thanks for your thoughts....
dooner188
Thanks for all your responses. I had considered the NAD's, but was a bit put off by their so-so reviews on whathifi and the number of choices they offer.

I don't know what WhatHiFi's deal is, but their reviews seem to be all over the map and have me scratching my head, esp. their NAD C 375BEE review. Sometimes they seem to enjoy the role of iconoclast, trashing highly regarded products (e.g., this NAD and also the GoldenEar Aon 3).

Their sonic criticisms sound to me like they take the time for warmup, let alone burn-in for electronics and break-in for speakers. Their descriptions of the NAD and GoldenEar products sound like the generic shortcomings of cold fresh product--hazy midrange, lack of frequency extension, and loose bass--criticisms they had for both the NAD amp and the GoldenEar speakers.

I certainly wouldn't take their uncoroborrated review on anything. There are lots of positive reviews of the NAD C 375BEE.

Soundstageaccess review (DAC version)

Stereophile (Sam Tellig's column)

Notice both these reviews highlight the NAD's clear-yet-musical presentation and clean, tight bass, the very areas WhatHiFi considered weaknesses. I have heard the C 375BEE driving Magneplanar 1.7s (bought a pair) and GoldenEar Triton 7s.

First off, I have had a boatload of equipment over the past 5 years so I have tried quite a bit of different equipment (I find its part of the fun in the hobby).  With that in mind, I recently purchased a B stock Nova 220se and love it!  I find that I can't beat the sound of it (or a previous Nova Pre / 220 combo that I had) unless I spend at least $2500 and I'd have to give up a remote control for the volume.  To put together a rig that outperforms the 220se I'd go Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Lightspeed Attenuator and any sweet sounding amp (Classe, Conrad Johnson, McCormack etc.).  

I would strongly consider a B stock 220se.  Peachtree has some reliability issues but they have awesome customer service and the unit would have a 2 year warranty.  The Pre-amp is from the Grand Integrated, it has a great Dac and the Amp can power any speakers.

Not to dog Adcom, but they aren't on the same level.  I've had a 545, 535, 5800, 5300.  Also, the integrated amps look nicer, you have less cables by far, the pre amp, amp and dac were all selected to work together.

I also like the looks of that NuPrimie IDA 8 and may get that for a second system.  

That new Parasound Integrated looks really nice also but its out of your price range I believe ($2500 ?)

Anyways, I am done with separates for awhile because these new Integrated amps outperform a hodgepodge of older equipment (amps. preamps) mixed with newer stuff (Dac) if you are at a $1200 ish budget. 

Their sonic criticisms sound to me like they take the time for warmup, let alone burn-in for electronics and break-in for speakers.

Oops! I MEANT to say "Their (WhatHiFi's) sonic criticisms sound like they DON'T take the time for warmup--let alone burn-in--for electronics and break-in for speakers.

Post removed 
Krell KAV-400xi is an excellent choice too.  I see them in the $1250 - $1500 range pretty frequently...  :-)