Preamp inverts signal.

My tube preamp inverts the signal and the manufacturer suggests to reverse the speaker leads at the speakers to correct. My CD player has a polarity switch, will activating this switch take care of this signal inversion, avoiding having to reverse speaker leads?
phd
Better still listen with and without and decide what sounds best. In my system with a DCS player and non inverting amps 99% of CDs sound better inverted so I leave my CD player set that way. The vast majority of LPs however sound best non inverted but I always check and where needed can switch from the amp.

Tell tales for an inverted recording is often recessed bass and thin mid range and when you switch you can tell straight away which way is better. Many recordings however have a mix of polarities so there's no real difference. Net net try it both ways. You will find lots of discussion n this topic elsewhere on this site
Good responses above.  A point I would add is that when the setting of the switch is changed you are not only changing the polarity with which the recording is reproduced, you are also changing the circuit configuration of the component in which the switch is located.  In some cases you might even be inserting or removing an active stage from the signal path. 

So you may find that one setting is usually preferable to the other one simply because the component sounds better that way.  At least, that is, if the inversion is performed in the analog domain rather than the digital domain, which is usually the case in preamps but perhaps not in your CDP.

Regards,
-- Al

My pre inverts phase,   I just invert the speaker polarity.  Although my DAC can invert phase I want the phase correct with all sources.