Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Are you interested in the ultimate Rory Gallagher collector piece?
www.earofnewt.com
Check out the autographs!
Also check out the artical on Uli Jon Roth of the Scorpions. He has invented a new signature guitar with "30" frets instead of "24"! There will be a "Genreation Axe Tour " in April. Check out the lineup while your there.

N

It's is a Black cover. Just says Rory Gallagher
and Stage Struck. Both LP.            From soundstage direct 
Also preordered Robin Trower. . "Where are you going".  LP.  On Amazon

Start with these and look foreword to a good listen

My system is KRELL 450mcx  mono amps ,KCT  preamp ,KPS 28 cd
all cast.   PBN Grovemaster TT built by Peter.   B&W sub and B&W 803 not diamonds.  I enjoy the sound at med to low listening levels, just personal taste.
interconnects are Valhalla  and  Shunyata power conditioning. Two dedicated 20 amp circuits.  The ONE bi wire speaker connects
Weak link I think are the speakers.  15 yrs of equipment acquisition

Ghost, thanks for the reminder of "Mind Transplant", which I knew about but have never heard.  Will check into that.  Your reference to Mouzon reminded me of Larry Coryell, "Introducing the Eleventh House", with Mouzon (and Randy Brecker, as I recall).  Tinny sound but interesting music.

I agree with you on Bolin with Deep Purple.  Their styles just don't seem to mesh (for that matter I've never been a huge fan of DP with Steve Morse, though I'm a big fan of the original DP lineup and Steve Morse with the Dregs).

As for Zephyr, I prefer "Sunset Ride" to "Sail On" and Bolin isn't even on that album.

One reason I like Barnstorm is the backing musicians,  Joe Lala (Blues Image, Stills' Manassas, and a host of others), Kenny Passerelli and Joe Vitale, who sort of became the house band at Caribou studio for a while.  Showed up on albums with Dan Fogelberg, Michael Stanley, Fools Gold, and probably a bunch I can't think of.

Back to the theme of the OP, I'm presently listening to, and "The Who Sell Out", extended version.  What a wonderful album.

Philly Joe Jones-Advance!

Egberto Gismonti- Sol Do Meio Dia

if I didn't have to walk the dogs now I'm thinking Fripp/Summers- I Advanced Masked. But there is tomorrow to look forward to. 
I also like to listen to
Paul Rogers.  -Bad Co.  Free.   He plays w Queen also
Humble Pie
The Guess Who
How about.   Alvin Lee. 10 Years After. 
Alvin Lee. 10 Years Later. (Live)
like Allman Brothere also
I think there is just a lot of good artists out there
 all seemingly dated for my taste

I do not listen to anything considered new artists

happy listening

R