Arcam irDAC-II. Have you heard the news?

Arcam has developed an new "r" series DAC. The new irDAC-II. My guy in Cincinnati tells me Arcam will be taking orders soon. It will include the ESS ES9016 Sabre DAC, Bluetooth, 24 bit / 192 kHz even 383 kHz. DSD and a headphone amp. The unit will cost around $799.00 usd. 

I've heard all of the incarnations of the "r" series DAC's and I'm looking forward to hearing this one too! Anyone else?

N

nutty
nutty, if you have a chance would you give me your opinion of a comparison between the rDac and the irDAC. I'm currently using the rDAC and thinking about grabbing an irDAC before stock runs out.

Cheers,

Scott
Scott,

I first hooked the rDAC to my Rotel RCD991AE cd player via the coax ouput. It really improved the sound immediately. I remember the Wolfson 8741 DAC being warmer. The irDAC with the Burr Brown 1796 DAC has more detail.

Connectivity is better.
2 coax inputs (instead of 1)
2 optical inputs ( instead of 1)
Still incorporates the USB 
They added a coax output and a remote.

Im currently borrowing a Arcam CD93T from a friend. It has 24/192kHz upsampling and 4 Woflson 8741 DAC's per channel. It is smooth. Hope it helps. 

N
Thanks, nutty. Good info. I enjoy the rDAC very much. I'll have to try to get a listen to the irDAC to see if it would be worth making a move.