Gain for VPI Companion with supplied Grado Statement Sonata 1.5mV

Got a VPI Classic Companion incoming. Worried about having sufficient gain for my system. Cartridge output is 1.5mV, with 47kOhms loading. ARC PH-3 says 54 db gain and is MM only. Running into an ARC LS-16 GNSC and then an ARC VT-130SE. I was running a Grado Reference previously, which had a 5mV output - which was equally loud to my CD player. Any thoughts on compatibility and sufficient gain from this cartridge? I do not wish to find another phono preamp. If I will not have enough gain, I won't even hookup the cartridge and find something else immediately. I realize I will have to up the volume. Looking for any informed opinions on whether there will be enough gain without too much noise. Thanks.
128x128madgalatea
The PH-3 can be used with a cartridge with a minimum of .25 mv,so you will not have a problem. I use a Quicksilver phono amp with a   1.5 mv Grado. The Quicksilver has 47 db gain and I have no problem. I don't see you running into any noise problem!
Thank you. Apparently, it is something new from Grado, a medium output moving iron, supposedly specially made and especially suitable for the arm on the Classic Companion. A Classic Companion is a Classic 2 with a gimbaled arm instead of the uni-pivot one. (I didn't like the JMW arm on my Scoutmaster for all the years I had it - I know many liked it, but I did not)

The Cartridge, Grado Companion: 

• Custom made Grado for VPI. 
• 1.5 millivolt output.
• Very low inductance, works right into a moving coil input.
• Stylus and cantilever from the Grado Statement Sonata.
• Replaceable stylus assembly. You can replace or you can upgrade! 
• Threaded aluminum mounting plate for damping, mass, and ease of installation.

Apparently, it is something new from Grado, a medium output moving iron....  Custom made Grado for VPI, 1.5 millivolt output.
Good!  Then I would feel just about certain that you'll have no problem.

Regards,
-- Al

I feel better. Don't wanna new phono preamp, sounds like I don't need one. Thanks to everyone.