Bower and Wilkins and its relationship with Classe and Rotel

Just learned recently that B&W own's Classe and Rotel. Being that their affiliated in some way do you think B&W sounds best when coupled with the two brands?
macandtosh
I've heard them sound quite good and at other times, they left me scratching my head.  I had B&W 805s with an Arcam integrated and Nina Simone was in the living room with me singing.  I'm no huge fan, but why are they always being trashed?  Yes, I'll take Thiel, Proac or Vandersteen any day for my listening preferences, but when I think of classical or big scale orchestral, I think of B&W.  Obviously, YMMV......

1+ douglas_schroeder

All high end components, speakers, cables requires careful pairing and fine tuning. That's how you achieve best possible 'synergy' between components. 

I achieved much better results by pairing my 800D2 with Modwright SS amps and tube preamp over all Classe processor / amp components. By no means Classe sounded bad with 800D2's but it didn't sound as magical as Mod's tube and SS combo.  

The demos at audio shows are hit or miss in a 20x20 room. I wouldn't bash any well regarded brand based on just one listening session :-)
@douglas_schroeder  

"Look more for absolute sound quality in a component and less for brand affiliation."

Nicely put...

Bombaywalla

hmmm....

B&W could be short for Bombay-walla......   8^)
could not resist...

Re: your comments on John Bowers and Matrix - I have owned all the matrix models at one time, and a pair of 801 matrix s3 since '94. They are now stored for my son. Matrix 800 replaced them. So I have a strong formed opinion on this topic, and it is reflected in my virtual system.

With that.

I have different speaker designs in the house. I was eventually able to make them all work for me. Meaning could live with each one.
Each come with Pros and Cons but with time, if one is not a frequent flyer audiophile, you can learn their general properties, some changes here and there and you are on your way. But this thread is about Rotel and Classe with B&W.

I have found that audiophiles, and especially audiophile engineers always like to discuss the gear aspect. And rightly so, as the gear can make or break the music coming from a speaker. But I can confidently say at this point, with speaker brands that have been voiced in an anechoic room. Regardless of the gear being used -  that this holds true.

https://community.klipsch.com/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-10590-13819475350236.jpg

So lets not forget the room.

Some fun with my coffee this morning.
Happy listening