Do I really need Desoldering for replacing resistors/caps?

To replace such as resistors or caps.  Do I really need to get desoldering gun?   I was thinking to replace some of resistors and caps on ARC LS7.  The cheapest I seen was Hakko desoldering FR300-05 for $265, not sure if it worth it to buy it and will only use it once for this LS7.
Thank you,
eddy1
Simply use a $5 solder sucker. Heat up the solder joint and simply use the solder sucking gun to remove the solder. Very easy and effective. 
I used $5 solder sucker and figured that desoldering iron works substantially faster and better.
Using solder sucker might require extra helping hands.
You will need a decent iron to melt the existing solder.  Make sure it can get hot enough and more importantly has a tip of sufficient mass depending on how much metal is connected to the joint you are heating.  I would skip the desoldering irons as it is basically a soldering iron (which you will need to buy anyway for reinstalling your caps) attached to a bulb pump. 

Then all you need is a solder sucker to remove the old caps.  I've used the cheap plastic $5 ones but the one I recommend is the Engineer SS-02.

http://www.amazon.com/Engineer-SS-02-Solder-Sucker/dp/B002MJMXD4

It has a flexible silicone tip that can withstand the heat of the iron.  Just place that sucker (no pun intended) over the whole joint while your iron is on it, and it will form a seal around it for effect solder removal.

Here’s the solder sucker and iron in a single unit.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/TENMA-21-8240-/21-8240

I have one of these and it is much easier to use than a separate sucker and iron or the iron with the attached pump.

Eddy, gs5556 obviously has experience with the very units you wish to modify. I would take his advice very seriously.

Soldering is not a very difficult skill, but it is a skill. I would not start on something which is towards the difficult end of the spectrum.

Soldering fumes are not that bad, but not that good, either. It would be a good idea to do it outside or with a fan sweeping the fumes away. Also, there are several types of solder - make sure that you are using a solder which is suitable for electronics (typically resin core), otherwise you risk corrosion which may kill your ARC.

Also, make sure that the solder sucker has a high temperature tip. Back in the day, some were made with teflon, which is not a good choice for anything more than 460 F, because teflon can begin to decompose at that temperature, and the decomposition products are bad, bad.

Don't want to put you off, because modifying good equipment is the best route to great equipment. But, it is a skill, and good equipment makes it a lot easier. If you are doing just the one piece, you might want to get a good tech to do it in his spare time. If he will let you watch, you can learn and take pride in being involved in the upgrade.