what pre-amps to try

Hello all, I am trying to build a moderate system using used Parasound Halo, JC-1 mono blocks. I think I would like to pair with a tube pre. I get a little confused on the compatibility issues. Some of the specs are greek to me.(impedence} So I am wanting to know what preamps are a good match electronically for the JC=1s. I know sound is completely subjective, just want to avoid incompatible components. I am looking for a list of things to try/consider. Balanced inputs a must. My speakers are Tyler Acoustics Woodmere II, all streaming, HD Tracks or CD(Oppo 105), so no phono necessary. Let's say $3000.00 budget, used if fine, thanks for any suggestions, Mizike.  
mizike

We had a whole very enjoyable day trying different things on Ed (Edgar)Krammer’s (reviewer for 6 moons, Australian hifi and Audio Esoterica) system which consists of an AMR CD-777 flagship CDP a pair of Parasound JC1’s and a pair of Wilson Alexia’s.

Preamps we had on hand were Supratek Grange, Nuforce all discrete flagship Reference P20, and a passive preamp.

All were used via the rca inputs on the JC1’s as we were only using 2mt interconnects and also didn’t want the extra circuitry of balanced inculded the signal path, as the AMR is tube output and TDA1541 convertor and therefore really single ended anyway even though I think it has token balanced outputs.

The one that came out on top was the passive, by quite a margin, for top to bottom transparency, drive, and top (delicacy) to bottom (tight) extension.

Cheers George

I am thinking that the Classe is SS, not tubed. I believe that mizike is heading in the right direction mating a tube pre to a SS amp. 
Herron VTSP-1 or VTSP-3. Used can be acquired for $3K with a little luck.  Upgrade to current levels for great performance.
There is a slightly newer post with similar request, the poster was a little better at phrasing his request than myself. A lot of good info there also, thanks everyone, Mizike.