Do you think audiophiles are the most gullible hobbyists

They seem to fall for anything. I have had other hobbies before and people seem to be more sensible. What is it about Audiophiles that makes them so gullible?

taters
I'm involved in several hobbies and I must confess that the audiophile hobby has the most snake oil flying around.
After all, you can't argue with someone about what he has heard.

i bet that what someone has for breakfast any particular day has more influence on audio perception than what type of power cord one uses.

No more so then gullible lovers of cars,watches,yachts eye...

Sometimes they are ignorant about ALL of they're toys!

health nuts are the worse !
the kooky, off-the-wall and plain stupid stuff that health nuts go for make even the most hardcore audiphool seem grounded.
audio_d
you might be right, but i’m 45/150lb, 8% body fat. run or bike daily with power workouts or games(volleyball in particular), consume lean and fresh home cooked food. not really nuts about organics(only in certain cases), but always get food fresh from local privately owned farms of a choice. sometimes I PARTY, but don’t get addicted to what I party with. i used to consume cannabis daily in form of either smoke, vapor or food, but switched to recreational only as i aged. i also consume 1...2 shots of cognac every evening. i’m married to a woman over 15 years younger who is professional kick-boxer. frequent mutual workouts is part of our passion and i guess attraction followed by massage of exhausted and sweat bodies.

overall being a "health or workout freak" is nowhere near the audiophile’s foolishness and MUCH cheaper.
Post removed