Sound of SED Winged C KT88 vs. SED Winged C 6550's

Curious as to what if any sonic differences I could expect in comparing the SED KT88's vs. their SED 6550 counterparts. I've researched the forums quite a bit over the last month or so and even asked the question to Kevin Deals gatekeeper @ Upscale Audio... his response was that there was little to no sonic differences between the two.

My amp is a McIntosh MC275 MKV, currently using the stock McIntosh KT88's, which I've been told by Audiogon's Nsgarch, are SED KT88's.
128x128pdreher
Any body have suggestions for a VTL S-400 amp? I had Gold Lion Kt88s when first released a few years back and thought they were bright? Could it have been the fact that they were very early production? Any opinions
SED winged C KT88 are more dynamic and have a little more bass than their softer sounding SED 6550. I preferred the KT88 myself and found the SED 6550 a little too laid back in my system. They definitely sound different, although not in a big way.

NOS vs new manufacture tubes sound different mainly because the oxides that we used and method to manufacture were toxic, and thus are manufactured anywhere but the USA.  Also, many old oxide formulas were lost as the companies were sold for scrap.  Last, the quality of mica mined is no longer available so there are trace leakages going on.

New manufacture may not sound like an original of the same type, but then again there can be vast differences even among same NOS brand year of manufacture.