Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Having a local Transparent Cable dealer/retailer is sweet!
These are very fine cables and cords that get better the further one goes up their chain of products. A very generous upgrade program as well.

Keep me posted & give a shout-out to your local Audio shops!
Happy Listening!

Guys-

which other brands of Speaker cables are you using and/or have tried with your Thiel loudspeakers?  Keep me posted & Happy Listening!

I'm something of a fan for Anticables,  but I'm now using Goertz Veracity cables with bananas all around.  Anticables have a habit of becoming loose when I occasionally have to move the speakers. They're very stiff.

(I just bought a Primare i22 integrated,  class d amplification, 120 watts into 4 ohms...)

I actually prefer the Goertz cables a little over the Anti's,  I believe they offer a somewhat fuller resolution overall,  with the Anti's perhaps being a little brighter.

But then again,  I like  "bright" sonics in my speakers.  I haven't cared much about a few hertz here or there in the lower registers since I dismantled my 10+ year old Klipsch CF-3 speakers a few years back.  My 3.5's are 20hz-20khz - the whole megillah.

Long live Thiel!

I've had good results with Harmonic Tech and Acoustic Zen, namely the Sartori.  They added a warmth and fullness to the Thiels.  I eventually switched to MIT magnum during my last year or so with my Thiel CS 2 2.  Both brands worked really well I felt depending on which amp I used.  Hope that helps.  By the way, I miss my Thiels.  They certainly may be in my future again if I get a larger listening room.  Take care Jafant and enjoy your journey!

I missed most of this posting until now, but reading al of it I must say it is good to hear some of the comments that confirm some of my feelings about Thiel speakers....namely the older models. One comment was from a member that owns both the CS6 and 3.6 - he preferred the 3.6. There are a lot of favorable mentions of the 2 2. I myself own multiple models and use in 5.1 and 2 channel systems. I have a couple smartsubs, four PCS, three MCS and four 2 2. Some of these are extra (Back-up) because I never want to be without Thiel in my system and after Jim's passing, in my mind the legacy ended. My point is, that even though the 2 2 has given way to newer models, I can't seem to let myself part with them. They sound so good that it is not worth selling since they are WAY undervalued in the used market. I have no room for this stuff!

How do people part with something like that and not have regret?