Is New Vinyl Exempt from Loudness Wars?

I'm seeing new vinyl sold in many unexpected places these days.  

For those who have bought a lot of new vinyl,  I'm wondering if these tend to be mastered differently from similar newer CD  remasters that often show effects of the "Loudness Wars"?

Is it a mixed bag perhaps?   Much like CDs?

I wonder because if I knew there was a different mastering done for new vinyl I might consider buying some if I knew. 

But new vinyl is expensive and I would not want to get essentially the same end result in regards to sound quality as I would get with CD for much less.

Just wondering.
128x128mapman
LP mastering is almost always different from that of CD, even if made from the same digital file.

The reason is you don't have to compress LPs because there is no intention that they will be played in a car.
Atmasphere I know it can be different for that reason. My question is if it is in fact done that way? What is the intended audience? Audiophiles that care about the best possible sound or Iphone and Bluetooth speaker users looking for a new toy? At Urban Outfitters on 5th ave Manhattan, over the holidays, they had a large section dedicated to electronic toys. It included things from the cheapest Crosley to several entry level turntables. Also a decent selection of new records $30 a pop or more. I wonder if the records are made to just sell new junk to the masses or to truly take advantage of the format? I suspect the former to a large extent. A lot of the new record releases had nice packaging and artwork, etc. and seemed substantial, but is that just a glossy package?
Barnes & Noble now have LP displays! The sound of any given LP is determined by the record label. Sony is putting out LP's, but I doubt they have theirs mastered the way Mobile Fidelity does. Good luck getting any information from Sony about how their LP's are made.