Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Steve, Will your streamer device work with a NAS as well as streaming online content via the iPad?  It sounds very interesting.
And the the person talking about the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh, I LOVE that device. I had to get one for my TV, Cable, Blue Ray and other digital and I'm so glad I did.  Another great value in digital audio.
The Chord Hugo TT is incredibly musical, detailed, and spacious and non-fatiguing. It’s close to turntable sound. It is not peaky. Rob Watts is on to something that is very special in the world of DACs. It’s wonderful. (Somehow it is much better than the original Hugo on which it is based.)
Hi Mathew,  are you as busy as you were in the holidays? , I believe it's time for you to listen to some state of the art cable's now,  cheers 
ct - It requires a computer or ipad.. It is not a computer.. You can use NAS with your computer. . Online content depends on the app.. If you use Jriver I believe you can stream some services.

Steve N.