Servers: Are we there yet?

I was shocked to discover that my brand-new high-end server is entirely dependant on a functional wireless network. If either the Ipad or the wifi are not working, the server is rendered non-functional. I spoke to the dealer and he informed me that all the servers he carries are like that. Huh?!?
psag
I own the Aurender N10, and I'm content with it. However, without a functional IPad and Wifi connection, you might as well be listening to a brick.
Celtic66 - I cannot echo your comment enough, given audiophile companies' failure to provide mechanisms to facilitate transferring a significant, pre-existing digital music collections to hard drive storage.

The closest I have found to provide such functionality is the  Acronova 100 disc autoloader  (see http://www.everythingusb.com/acronova-nimbie-usb-plus-blu-ray-autoloader-21521.html), but I have not tried it yet, and am unsure as to how it may interact with audiophile level burning software (e.g. ExactAudioCopy).
 The problem with that autoloader is you have to monitor the metadata tags  and make sure cover art is correct.  Unfortunately the best way to do that is one at a time by hand.  
psag,

I am using Apple AirPort Extreme with my N10.  No issues with streaming.  Pretty much all servers out there requires hard wired Ethernet connection for a glitch free streaming.  

rzado, i own over 400 cd's and someday would like to rip all of them and copy them onto my Aurender server.  I came across X10 from cocktail audio, looks like a sweet solution to cd ripping. 

http://www.cocktailaudio.com/overview_x10.html

i wonder if anyone here using this device for cd ripping.  Cost $699 plus hard drive, another $50-70 depending on storage capacity. 

Yes, but I wasn't referring to streaming. I'm talking about the music that is now stored on the server's hard drive. It cannot be accessed without a working Ipad and a wireless network. If my wifi is down, the server is as dead as a doornail. My understanding is that this is the current state of the art for music servers.

Just saying, is all.