I am really disappointed with the hip-hop enthusiasts on Audiogon

The grandfather of hip-hop music dies and not a word about it on here!

taters
I have held my peace for a while on the hip hop posts instituted by taters, which are both uninspired and clearly denigrating, but have reached the point where I have to respond to bpoletti's comments in view of taters' overall theme.  

Audiophiles should be the LAST people commenting on others' musical tastes, given some of the dreck that passes for "music" among the audiophile community.  I find the pablum that I hear at most high end shows to be dull at best, and mind-numbingly insipid at its most common. Limpid female vocals, bizarre and esoteric pop, and Tibetan bowl players seem to have become standard demo music in the audiophile community. As an example, I have three words for you - Amanda frickin' McBroom!  Who listens to this stuff other than audiophiles?

However, I do not go out of my way to denigrate those that appreciate such forms of music as having no taste or standards.  Sure, I do not enjoy it, but as long as those folks appreciate the reproduction of music at the highest levels, I have to applaud them for their commitment to this hobby, which, let's face it, not all that many people share.  Indeed, audiophiles should be openly willing to embrace any types of music, as well as any folks that appreciate high performance audio, regardless of their tastes.  

Taters, please cease the endless commentary on a musical genre which you not only do not appreciate, but clearly fail to understand.  Audiogon will be the better for it.
Rzado,

The article about Blowfly being the grandfather of hip hop is on the guardian.com. Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and a lot of other rappers considered him the grandfather of hip hop. These aren't my words. They are words of his contemporaries.

We have to try keep an open mind on all types of music but it don't mean you have to embrace it all. I like the singer Weekend, excellent voice to say the least, not sure if this current singer could be classified as rap, maybe R&B. But I have to admit that I'm shocked that what could be classified as hard core rap has lasted this long and still be as popular as it is. Even Disco from the seventies did not last more than five years and many people in the end burned their disco albums in protest. I have listened to my daughter boyfriend's rap music and I can honestly tell you that a lot of it degrades women and promotes violence. In retrospect one could say that Hard Rock promoted drug use. Soft rock groups like America seem to promote nothing less than a joyful listening experience in my opinion. But again keep an open mind and thank God that we can choose what we play on our systems.
"...they are the words of his contemporaries..."

'Nuff said - they oughta know what they're talking about.  

I'm 60 years old,  my hips will be hopping into new ones in due time!
Post removed