I am really disappointed with the hip-hop enthusiasts on Audiogon

The grandfather of hip-hop music dies and not a word about it on here!

taters
There’s a hip hop cd from the 90s that I play for my wonder bread pleated pants pals just to blow their mind. Guru - Jazzmatazz, Vol 1. Seriously, it’s head shaking good. Apparently it was the first to merge jazz with hh. I have yet to find anyone who doesn’t start smiling immediately, asking ’what is this? It’s awesome!’

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory is similar and also great. The latter has Ron Carter on upright acoustic bass (!) and sounds like an organic recording. Check out their documentary.

Beastie Boys - Check Your Head is quite listenable. The Boys actually play instruments on it.
There is very little more certain in Psychology than people like what they are exposed to most.
I listen to Classical music 90% of the time but would rather listen to
hip-hop than rock because I find it more intelligent . I doubt if anyone
raised on rock, aka 90%  of American population , would agree with me .
Schubert, very interesting observation.  Never thought of it that way, bias always enter into the picture when dealing with humans.  Taters certainly has a chip on his shoulder about Rap and Hip Hop, this is his third denigrating post in the last month or so.  Give it a rest ...

With respect to "the grandfather of hip hop dies ..." I have no idea who he is referring to.  I did a quick search and the only name I came up with is Gil Scott Heron, a name many of us here know, but he died in 2011!