I am really disappointed with the hip-hop enthusiasts on Audiogon

The grandfather of hip-hop music dies and not a word about it on here!

taters
The enthusiasts here are apparently not hip and likely have very little hop. 
Most of the demographic on the Audiogon forum just doesn't match the demographic of the Hip Hop community. I stopped listening to Hip Hop and Rap when it became more Hip Pop in the early 2000s. I have a good amount of Hip Hop and Rap LPs and CDs from the 80s and 90s that I'll put in every so often into my systems. I couldn't tell you which rapper just died unless I searched for it.

One thing I find is some of those albums while great lyrically or musically recording quality wise they are lacking. I remember one Jedi Mind Tricks album where Vinnie Paz would start rapping and I swear I could hear the backing track volume being lowered by the guy behind the booth.

Listen to Deep Cover by Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Doggy Dogg. It sounds like a very unpolished demo.

There’s a hip hop cd from the 90s that I play for my wonder bread pleated pants pals just to blow their mind. Guru - Jazzmatazz, Vol 1. Seriously, it’s head shaking good. Apparently it was the first to merge jazz with hh. I have yet to find anyone who doesn’t start smiling immediately, asking ’what is this? It’s awesome!’

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory is similar and also great. The latter has Ron Carter on upright acoustic bass (!) and sounds like an organic recording. Check out their documentary.

Beastie Boys - Check Your Head is quite listenable. The Boys actually play instruments on it.