When I have seen people listing their systems lately

I have noticed a lot of people using conventional CD players and SACD players. I remember being at an Audiophile club meeting a couple of years ago and the owner of the store claiming conventional CD players were dead and obsolete.

Are conventional players gaining in popularity nowadays or are they just stalling till digital becomes more standardized.

taters
I left out all the new and old jazz CD’s available in the UK. Amazing.
Digital downloads are biggest in the US.
lowrider57 
               ,Having lived a long time in Europe I  believe the biggest
difference between Americana and Europeans is Americans are more
detached from reality . Or you could say Euros are more grounded.
Personally, I couldn't care less what the market is doing or where it's going. I have a good SACD player and a large collection of CDs and SACDs, and they do the job for me. If that means my head is stuck in the sand, then so be it: let it be stuck. As long as the sound is acceptable and the music good, I don't care how old and supposedly antiquated the technology might be in the eyes of some. Long live physical media!

Wow, I didn't intend that to be a rant! :)
I have collection of CD, SACD. And I am using Oppp95 to play *iso SACD on DVD-R. I also use Foobar2000 to play SACD *iso with Fiio X3 2nd as external USB DAC. Used Tidal for a two month trial and really like it though the price a bit high.
The UK I believe has only a 50 year copyright limit, so all these unknown companies can sell jazz and blues CD's often mastered from old LP's or CD's, though some sound great...