Need small size speakers for fireplace.

I asked this some ~18 months ago, and now that the fireplace is finished and I am now in a position to consider an upgrade in the speakers I am using to augment my TV/movie viewing, I am back with this question:

What speakers are you aware of that would fit into a space 11.25" by 7” and retail at or under $1500 ?  I would likely buy a used pair. They will be used with a subwoofer, and can be closed box or ported.  I am looking to put together a list and will research suggested pairs online to narrow down pairs to purchase.  Thanks in advance.  

mesch
Hi, You should check out "Gallo" Due's, I'm using 3 of them for my front speakers in my home theater setup and like them very much! There is a pair for sale on e-bay that I saw yesterday for $600.00, Great little speaker!
Good luck with your search, Tish
Unfortunately, squeezing speakers into a small compartment like that is about the worst thing you can do to them.  The Tannoy Revolution XT Minis would fit in there, but I'm not sure what it would sound like.  Tannoy makes a pretty nice sounding and looking speaker, the tweeter is set into the middle of the woofer for superior imaging.  

You haven't mentioned what will be driving the speakers, which would help.
Yes, Geoffkait was spot on in recommending the Pioneer SP-BS22 speakers. Andrew Jones of TAD fame designed these and Stereophile raves about them. I bought them and was impressed by what they could do for $129/pair.
Geoffkait,  if your are referencing to the Pioneer SP22s, they are too large. I have owned a pair and agree that for the money they are exceptional.

I currently have a pair of Wharfdale Diamond 10.0 in place, also have a pair of Celestron F-10s which i have used. 

Runnin,  I must admit that I often think that I might do well with my current setup given the acoustical constraints. I mentioned speakers that cost upward of $1500 retail only with the intention of buying use. I realize that I am not likely to get the most from any speaker, however may be able to do better without great cost.  
To expand on my approach, I am developing a list of speakers that I could buy used and resell if they don’t work out. I will research all suggested models online to determine if a model suits my needs.

Currently I am using a Pioneer Elite 35r integrated. It is the least expensive integrated that I can recommend to many of my non-audiophile friends. Should I find a pair of speakers that would benefit from better amplification I would replace the 35r.

This system is actually a tertiary one. It resides in our living room primarily to augment the video experience, however is in use for FM and streaming Pandora via a wireless NAD DAC1. I have a primary in a dedicated listening room, I call it my ’nightclub’.  I have a secondary one I use outside when weather permits and which is a constant state of flux as I like to explore what is possible to achieve with $1000-$1500 on the used market. I also am playing with a headphone system.

I am retired and have more time to play.  

Just want to thank everyone for the enjoyment and education I get from participating on this forum.