Jadis JA30 Mk2, how great???

The new Jadis JA30 Mk2 is now on my radar. Does anyone here have any experience with this amp...thoughts?

Would seem to be in the sweet spot of the Jadis line.
128x128daveyf

Butler:

My amp. was made in 2005 and the largest tube it will accept is the KT120 which I have not tried yet but I plan to. Generally so far the 6L6GC Winged C is my favorite. My Border Patrol 300B is one of best but the 8 WPC is wasting the capability of the Living Voice thus my purchase of the musical 30 WPC.

I purchased the amp. from a gentleman who used 86DB speakers in a large room with KT88's. He said the amp. would clip with high volume Dead Can Dance drive but that was it. He said he wished he had not sold it FYI.

If you use the new amp. with KT150's you would be fine IMO unless you play for the neighborhood. I have heard that the JA80 does not make the music magic of the JA30's simpler design. More tubes in parallel and this happens. The JA30 could be the music sweet spot of the group.

I suspect the new amp. has a reworked transformer tapped for a high voltage set. No idea what they sound like with that tube but the sound could be to die for. These amps. are overbuilt to last longer than us and could be family tokens.

PS: The RED cords are ELROD GOLD STATEMENTS which sound smitten on anything.

Hope this has some type of meaning. Thanks

I think the new versions of the Jadis JA30 mk2 amps with the KT150’s are probably very different from the older models. The main reason that I posted the OP was because an a’phile friend told me that these new amps are not only the sweet spot of the current Jadis line, but also significantly better than any other Jadis amp that he has heard!
I would very much like to hear anyone’s opinion of these new amps once someone has had a chance to listen to them.
Hey Gwalt, appreciate the additional input, sounds like you have that `pride of Jadis ownership’ thing going similar to what Egoben mentioned. I agree that the Jadis transformers are among the best out there from what I’ve seen/heard, and they did indeed modify them to handle the KT150’s. I’m getting to be an old geezer so don’t rock out like the old days (i.e., 60’s, 70's 80’s & 90’s) so these amps would likely work fine for my purposes as you suggest. I’ve also seen some great reviews on that Elrod power cord you have, I may have to try it……

Glad that Daveyf started this thread, hope that someone does chime in who might have heard/own this amp.
We are Jadis dealers  in Chicago and have the JA30 mkii with kt150 on order. We will be glad to let you know when they arrive.