ARC VT100MK2 substitute

Hello,

I would like to replace my ARC VT100 (year 2000) , because tired of expensive retubing and probably making the system too bright.
My system:
ARC LS15
AUDIOLAB 8200 CD
FOCAL 1028 BE
I am considering pass labs, plinius , anything else to suggest?
What’s the price i could ask.

Thanks a lot
cyrrix
I have a Pass X250. Previously had a ARC 100.2 which is a really nice amp, but the Pass is much better, at least with my Aerial's. The 100.2 is a SS amp and I'd recommend it highly if that's all the power you need. Agree the VT100 should not be bright but difficult to bias and cost of tubes. My Pass is far from bright. Do you by chance have dedicated circuits with a decent Hubbell receptacle or better? If not; try that first.

I like your choices for SS replacement amps. Keep in mind that both Pass Labs and Plinius run in class-A which will run up your electric bill (negating the savings on replacement tubes).

I prefer a tube preamp with SS power amp.

Good listening!

I also had an LS-15 and a VT-100 Mk II.
I replaced the pair with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Integrated.  MUCH easier to live with.  Zero regrets!!
I too believe that the problem is not with the AR amp, but with the tweeters in the Focal Speakers.

Before doing something that you may regret, try other amps that are in the similar price point of your existing amp (unless you can afford better).  Listen and determine if that makes the difference you want.  Don't buy until you are sure.  Buying without listening in your system and regretting afterwards really sucks.

I have a hard time believing that the AR amp sounds bright.  Most that I have heard are on the softer side. 

But, some speakers will drive me out of the room.

try to listen in your system first.

enjoy
I think the OP is really tired of the retubing and he wants a new amp that won't sound bright with his other components.